Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The TWBM cliche post

How else do we start a new blog but with a cliche opener?

I guess the real cliche is that I recognize saying it's a cliche is a cliche, right?   

If you're on this page, hopefully you're also a fan or wanting to check out new music.  Either way, we're glad you came by and hope you continue to visit.     Make sure you check the cool tabs right under that enormous picture (which happens to be the new album cover) and see our discography, music videos and more.

This blog will be dedicated to sharing details about the band, our upcoming shows,  ways to meet and connect, ever changing gear lists, inspirational stories, and the obligatory random thought.

I'm starting this blog today, May 30th 2012, just 3 days after our sophomore album release, Separation Anxiety, available for download HERE.

The band's undergone a lot of changes since I joined last year, and the music has evolved in a natural, organic way.  I think our growth is evident in the cd and whether vocally or musically, you can hear our hearts being poured in.  

My good friend and TWBM front man, Robert Morrison, has said he just wants to make music. Hard or soft, loud or quiet, fast or slow, it doesn't really matter: he just wants to be a part of the community he loves so much. Like many artists, music serves as an outlet for creativity and emotional venting. But don't bother with a rather overused, well-known three letter term. To Robert, its just about making something worth singing.

"I want my music to be enjoyable," he says, "but in the end, it really comes down to 'Is this working for me? Am I happy with this?' If not, then what's the point"..


-John

No comments:

Post a Comment